How to transfer contacts from iPhone to Android on OPPO
Do you want to copy contacts from iPhone to Android? Transferring all of your contacts used to mean manually entering each contact number into the new phone, but now the process is much more straightforward.
If you've bought a new OPPO phone to replace your old iPhone, one of the first things you'll want to do is fill in your Android contacts. Read this easy guide to find out the different ways of moving your iPhone contacts to Android hassle-free.
Applicable for all OPPO smartphones.
Important: It can take some time to transfer contacts to Android, depending on how many iPhone contacts you have. Make sure both phones are charged and that you're connected to Wi-Fi or a mobile network so the transfer won't be interrupted.
1. Transfer iPhone contacts to Android using your Google account
If you already have a Google Account, you can use it to sync contacts to Android. Here's how:
1. On your iPhone, sign in to your Google Account if you're not signed in already.
2. Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Accounts. Tap Add Account.
3. Select Gmail and sign in again.
4. Your iPhone will ask what data you want to sync to your Google Account. Select Contacts and any other personal data you want to copy from your iPhone to Android.
5. Your iPhone contacts will now be copied to Android. This can take some time, depending on the number of contacts you have. You can check whether the transfer is complete by signing in to your OPPO phone using your Google Account and checking your Android contacts list.
If you don't have a Google Account, or you want to set up a new account, you can do this by going to any Google page and selecting Sign in or Add account. You will need a Google Account to access all the features of your OPPO smartphone.
2. Transfer iCloud contacts to Android
Another way to move contacts from iPhone to Android is using the iCloud synchronisation service. To do this, you need to have iCloud enabled on your iPhone and a PC or laptop connected to the internet.
1. On your iPhone, go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Accounts.
2. Sign in with your Apple ID, if you're not signed in already.
3. Select iCloud and turn on Contacts.
4. Select Merge to copy your iPhone contacts to iCloud.
5. On your desktop web browser, go to iCloud.com
6. Sign in with your Apple ID. Select Contacts.
7. Click the Settings (gear) icon on the left of the screen and choose Select All.
8. Click the Settings icon again and select Export vCard. This will download a file to the computer.
9. Open Gmail and go to Mail > Contacts.
10. Click on the More tab and select Import and Choose File.
11. Choose the vCard file that was saved to the computer. This will import iPhone contacts to Google. When it's finished, you should see the list of contacts on Gmail and on your OPPO phone.
3. Transfer contacts to Android using iTunes
An alternative to using iCloud and Gmail is to transfer iPhone contacts to PC or Mac via iTunes. This requires that iTunes is installed on the system. These contacts will then be accessible on your Android phone. Here's how:
1. Connect your iPhone to your computer or laptop.
2. On the computer, open iTunes and select iPhone in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
3. Click the Info tab. Select Sync Contacts with and choose Google Contacts from the list.
4. Sign in to your Google Account.
5. Select Sync iPhone. This will copy contacts from iPhone to Google. When it's finished, you should see the list of contacts on Gmail and on your OPPO phone.
4. Transfer contacts to Android using third-party apps
Third-party apps may be used to transfer contacts from iPhone to Android, but these should be used with caution. These apps usually involve creating a file on the iPhone with the contacts and sending this file as an email attachment that can be opened on your OPPO phone. Apps should include step-by-step instructions on how to complete the process.
However, not all apps are compatible with iOS and Android platforms or OPPO phones. Your security and privacy may also be at risk if you download apps from untrustworthy sources, and the process can be more time-consuming than other approaches. For these reasons, it's recommended that you use one of the other methods detailed earlier rather than a third-party app.
Transfer contacts and other data using Clone Phone
If you want to do more than just move contacts from iPhone to Android, you can copy all of the data from your old iPhone phone to your new OPPO phone using Clone Phone.
Note: You need to be connected to Wi-Fi or a mobile network. You should also sync your iPhone to iCloud before you start to transfer contacts to Android. If you don't have Clone Phone on your OPPO phone, you can download it here.
1. On your OPPO phone, go to Tools > Clone Phone.
2. Select This is the new phone and choose the option Import from an iPhone.
3. If you aren't already connected to the internet, tap Connect to Network when prompted.
4. On your iPhone, go to Files. You need to be connected to the internet to access iCloud Drive files. There should be a verification code sent from your OPPO phone. If it isn't there, it may be in SMS.
5. On your OPPO phone, enter the Apple ID verification code you received on your iPhone and tap Authentication.
6. Your phone will compute the data for transfer. Choose what you want to transfer from the iPhone to your OPPO phone, such as contacts and photos. This data will then be copied to your OPPO phone.
Transfer contacts from Android to Android
If your old phone uses Android or OPPO ColorOS, copying your Android contacts to your new phone is much more straightforward:
1. On your old phone, go to Settings > Accounts (or Users & accounts on some phones).
2. Sign in with your Google Account, if you haven't already.
3. Tap Sync or Account sync.
4. Select Contacts and any other data you want to send to your new OPPO smartphone.
5. On your new phone, sign in with your Google Account if you haven't already.
6. You should now see your contacts and other synchronised data. This may take some time, depending on how many contacts you have.
How to backup contacts on Android
After you've transferred your iPhone contacts to Android, it's a good idea to make a backup in case they accidentally get deleted or something happens to your phone. There are several ways to backup contacts on Android:
· Local backup – to create a local backup on your OPPO phone, go to Settings > Additional Settings > Back up and reset > Local backup > Create New Backup. You can choose contacts or other data to back up.This will be stored in a folder in phone storage.
· OPPO Cloud – you can save a backup of your Android contacts and other data in the OPPO Cloud (O-Cloud). You will need to register to use this cloud service if you haven't already.
· Clone Phone – you can clone your OPPO phone and save the data on a computer or external drive. Find out more about how to clone a phone with OPPO.
How to clear contacts Android
If you want to delete one or more contacts from your Android or OPPO phone, there are several ways to do this:
· Using the Contacts or People app on your phone, you can press and hold the name of a contact and choose Delete to remove an individual contact from your phone.
· To delete multiple contacts, open the menu (three vertical dots), select Delete and check the box next to any contacts you want to delete. When you've finished, select Delete.
· Depending on your phone or Contacts app, you may have an option to delete all contacts at once. Choose Edit and All to check all contacts in the list, then Delete.
· If you have some duplicate contacts after you transfer contacts from iPhone to Android, go to google.com/contacts or your contacts list in Gmail. Open the More tab and select Find & Merge Duplicates.
· You can also clear contacts from Android using a third-party app.
How to recover deleted contacts and messages on Android
If you accidentally delete contacts from Android, you may be able to restore them if you act quickly. There are several ways to do this:
· If you still have the contacts on another phone, follow one of the methods detailed earlier to transfer the contacts to your new phone.
· If your OPPO phone is synced with your Google Account, go to google.com/contacts and open the More tab. Select Undo changes and choose a time before your contacts were deleted. On your phone, go to Settings > Accounts > Google and tap Restore contacts to get your contacts back. Deleted contacts are only saved on Google for up to 30 days.
· You may also be able to recover deleted contacts and messages using a third-party app from the Google Store.