OPPO always care about the safety of our services
OPPO Australia attaches great importance on promoting positive relationships between you and your smart device(s).
Our aim is to enable all Australian users to enjoy safer and more positive online experiences.
Here, you can find useful safety tips for online usage. Additionally, you can report any harmful online content that you find on OPPO's products or services.
Tips for keeping yourself safe online
● Regularly conduct virus and malware scans on your smart device(s).
● Install applications only from trusted sources on your devices.
● Avoid opening unknown links in messages unless you verify the source of the message.
● Never use the same password across multiple websites, and refrain from sharing your passwords or usernames with anyone.
● Avoid disclosing any personal information that could be used to track you in person, such as your real name, address, or phone number.
Learn about online harm from eSafety
eSafety is Australia's independent regulator for online safety. It provides comprehensive eSafety online information, Please learn more about online harm from the resources below.
|Illegal and restricted online content
||Illegal and restricted online content encompasses material that displays or promotes child sexual abuse, terrorism or other extreme violence.
||Cyberbullying refers to the use of the internet intentionally harm or distress to a child or young person.
|Adult cyber abuse
||Adult cyber abuse refers to the use of the internet to transmit, post or share content that poses harm to the physical or mental well-being of individual aged 18 or older.
||Image-based abuse – often referred to as ‘revenge porn’ – occurs when someone distributes or threatens to distribute an intimate image or video of a person without their consent.
Two methods for reporting harmful online content
If you come across any harmful online content while using our products or services, kindly submit a report.