Smaller goals are delivering big happiness – why it’s time to embrace the ‘pocket list’
24 March, 2023, LONDON – Women are on a mission to accomplish the smaller things this year. They’re more inspired by perfecting air fryer chef-ing than globetrotting to every continent. It’s officially time to bin off the bucket list and embrace the ‘pocket list’ – smaller goals that add up to big happiness. It’s about reconnecting with your truest self – being fully present with your best mates (or on a hot date) and doing the activities that spark real joy.
OPPO have teamed up with award-winning author and ‘pocket list’ expert Elizabeth Day. Elizabeth says, “I’m inspired by the idea of embracing the smaller wins for this year. It's important to connect with ourselves so that we understand our purpose. Trying something new really helps us to get to the bottom of that and to discover who we are. Whether it’s taking the first small step towards starting your dream business or managing to hold crow pose in yoga class or acing a presentation at work, focusing on those smaller goals can challenge us and unlock our potential so that we can truly connect to what we’re most passionate about”.
When it comes to growing that prize-winning marrow or picking up the flute (who hasn’t been inspired by Lizzo!), three-quarters of women are turning to their phones to watch a tutorial for inspiration. It could be on TikTok, Instagram or YouTube – learning how to nail these brilliant goals.
But while propping up the phone to get in the zone, it’s letting them down big time! Three-quarters of women have had an accident. Food has been splashed while cooking, or it’s slid off a counter during a DIY or worse, sometimes it’s even cracked or broken. Women need a better tool to help them accomplish their pocket list goals.
Others are looking to really embrace living in the moment, and being fully present with those they treasure. Four in ten women want to spend quality time with family, friends or partners, without feeling the pressure to check their phones. And, one-third want to spend less time on social media.
Pinning down ‘pocket list’ goals and setting aside time to achieve these, feels good. Nine in ten women say they feel happy when nailing a smaller goal, with eight in ten inspired to tackle what’s next on their list.
Elizabeth shares her brilliant advice for how to accomplish your ‘pocket list’ goals:
1. Shake up where you work to unlock productivity: Change up where or how you work. You don’t have to do it all at your desk - fit productivity around other tasks and treats in your day
2. Tap into transition time: Unlock productivity and be efficient during the time while you’re on-the-go, in between meetings or on the tube
3. Take charge of your diary: Go through the diary on Sunday evenings and check there’s time for everything that needs doing each week. This way you can stop thinking about it and feel more liberated to accomplish what’s on your list
4. Treat yourself for meeting deadlines: To meet deadlines, it’s all about maintaining your focus and your reward. Build in half hour reward sessions after meeting a deadline, whether it’s watching your favourite reality TV programme or YouTube video
5. Keep your focus on lock by making tech work for you: I used to put my phone on Airplane Mode, to eliminate distractions when on a deadline. With the OPPO Find N2 Flip, you get notifications on the front cover screen so you don’t open your phone and lose focus
Luckily, the must-have accessory for nailing your ‘pocket list’ is here, the OPPO Find N2 Flip smartphone. When it’s unfolded, women have a world of productivity at their fingertips. Snap it shut and live in the moment, taking in the real world and everything women’s ‘pocket lists’ have to offer.
The OPPO Find N2 Flip sits upright by itself, meaning it can replicate your favourite yoga poses – down dog or up dog. It’s easy to watch a tutorial – learning how to make that puff pastry or paint a landscape, without needing to adjust the phone. With FlexForm mode, play a video on the top part of the screen while watching a tutorial on the bottom half.
‘Pocket list’ goals are where it’s at this year, and women are embracing smaller wins for bigger happiness.
Here is a list of the biggest ‘pocket list’ goals women are looking to achieve this year:
● Nailing that home-grown produce: Four in ten are looking to grow their own fruit or veg
● Be the ace of bakes: Four in ten are keen to perfect their baking
● Be present: Four in ten are prioritising spending time with loved ones, without feeling the need to check their phone or emails
● Unlock their inner master chef: Three in ten want to learn to cook a particular cuisine or recipe
● Take on a new skill: Three in ten want to learn a new skill, like DIY or carpentry
● Switch off from social: Three in ten would like to spend less time on social media
● Add a touch of kindness: Three in ten want to engage in random acts of kindness
To learn more about the OPPO Find N2 Flip, click here.