1. The Competition Details available on the Competition Site, information on Prizes and how to enter the Competition form part of these Standard Terms and Conditions of Entry.
2. All local laws and regulations apply. This Competition is void where prohibited by law. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and the Sponsor, their related companies and advertising agencies may not enter the Competition. No purchase is necessary to enter the Competition.
3. Entry to the Competition is via the Entry Method.
4. By entering the Competition, Entrants accept and agree to these standard Terms and Conditions of Entry and by the decisions of the Promoter, whose decision shall be final in relation to all matters relating to the Competition.
5. The Prize selection for the Competition will take place according to the Winner Selection Method. The judges’ decision will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about the Competition or the judges’ decisions.
6. The Prizes are not transferable and not redeemable for cash. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute any Prize (or any part of it) for an item of similar value. Winners will be notified by the Winner Notification Method. Winners must respond to the Promoter within 48 hours of receipt of the notification from the Promoter. If no response is received within that period, or a Winner chooses to decline the Prize (or part thereof),the Promoter will have the discretion to forfeit the Prize/selection as Winner and choose another Winner and no substitution (monetary or otherwise) will be given. If any Prizes in relation to this Competition are sent by mail, they will be sent to the Winner by post within one month of the date on which the Winner is selected. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any lost, damaged or misdirected Prizes or mail.
7. The Entrant acknowledges that as between it and the Sponsor, all copyright, neighbouring rights to copyright, trademarks, service marks, goodwill, any other intellectual property rights and rights of action in any image or likeness of Mohamed Salah (“Intellectual Property Rights”) remain the sole property of the Sponsor. The Entrant irrevocably and unconditionally assigns to the Sponsor any interest it may have in the Intellectual Property Rights.
8. The Entrant agrees that in consideration of the mutual promises made under these Standard Terms and Conditions, the Sponsor shall be the exclusive owner of, and the Entrant irrevocably transfers, sells and assigns to the Sponsor, all present and future rights, title and interest, including all intellectual property rights, throughout the world in perpetuity, in all designs (or part thereof), materials and work products the Entrant enters in the Competition, (collectively, the “Works”) , free of encumbrance of lien or charge. Sponsor owns all intellectual property and all other rights in any Works or part thereof in any form, and it and its affiliates shall have the perpetual and exclusive right to use, exhibit, licence, reproduce, adapt, modify, publish, distribute, create a derivative work from, any Works or part thereof in any form which is now known or may exist in the future without any attribution or compensation to the Entrant. All revenues derived from the use, distribution, exhibition, licensing or other exploitation of such Works shall be the sole and exclusive property of the Sponsor. The Entrant agrees that it will do all such acts and execute all such documents as the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, require to give effect to this paragraph.
9. The Entrant agrees not to submit entries which (a) libels or defames, (b) infringes any intellectual property or other right of any entity or person, including violating anyone’s copyrights or trademarks, or (c) violates any law. The Entrant agrees to indemnify Promoter and its officers, directors, employees, agents, distributors and affiliates from and against any and all third party claims, demands, liabilities, costs or expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from the Entrant’s breach of any of the above agreements.
10. The Entrant assigns to the Promoter, Sponsor and/or their affiliates, subsidiaries and associated companies an exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide right to use and publish the Entrant’s entries and/or publish the entries on its websites and Official Social Media and in electronic format and in hard copy, in any form, for purposes connected with the Competition, and to adapt any entry to enable such usage (including to adapt or edit it for such purposes) and the Entrant irrevocably waives, for the benefit of the Promoter, Sponsor and their affiliates, subsidiaries and associated companies, all moral rights and right to publicity in all entries to which the Entrant is entitled to the maximum extent possible under applicable law.
11. By entering the Competition, Entrants agree to participate in any media or promotional activity resulting from the Competition as reasonably requested by the Promoter and agree and consent to the use of their name and/or likeness.
Warranty and Indemnity
12. The Entrant warrants that their designs are their own original work and, as such, they are the sole and exclusive owner and rights holder of their submitted designs and that they have the right to submit their designs in the Competition and grant all required licences thereto. The Entrant agrees not to submit any design that (a) infringes any third party proprietary rights, intellectual property rights, industrial property rights, personal or moral rights or any other rights, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, trade names, industrial designs, patent, trade secret, privacy, publicity or confidentiality obligations, or (b) otherwise violates applicable law.
13. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Entrant indemnifies and agrees to keep indemnified the Promoter and Sponsor at all times from and against any liability, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) arising from: (a) any act, default or omission of the Entrant, (b) any breach of any warranty set forth herein, (c) any design or other material uploaded or provided by Entrant that infringes any copyright, trademark, trade secret, patent or other intellectual property right of any person or defames any person or violates their rights of publicity or privacy, (d) any misrepresentation made by the Entrant in connection with the Competition, (e) any non-compliance by the Entrant with these Standard Terms and Conditions, (f) claims brought by persons or entities other than the parties to these rules arising from or related to the Entrant’s involvement with the Competition, (g) acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any Prize or (i) participation in the Competition or any Competition-related activity.
Personal Information and Privacy
15. Any false information provided within the context of this Competition by the Entrant concerning identity, email, ownership or right or non-compliance with these Standard Terms and Conditions may result in the immediate elimination of the Entrant from the Competition.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant from the Competition if, in the Promoter’s sole discretion, it reasonably believes that the Entrant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Competition by cheating, deception or other unfair playing practices or annoys, abuses, threatens or harasses any other Entrants or the Promoter, Sponsor or Mohamed Salah. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to revoke any Prizes awarded, at any time.
17. The Prizes are provided “as is” and Promoter makes no warranty as to the quality or merchantability of the Prizes. Where the Prizes are supplied by an entity outside the Promoter’s control and that entity fails, for whatever reason, to supply the Prize, the Promoter has no responsibility for the provision of the Prize and is not obliged to provide an alternative Prize or to take legal action to require the prize supplier to provide the Prize. To the fullest extent permissible by law, the Promoter nor any of its affiliate companies, employees, directors, employees, agents, assigns or sub-contractors accepts any responsibility or liability for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any Entrant or as a result of the merchantability or quality of the Prizes or the prize supplier failing to provide the Prizes (or any part thereof) to the Winners.
18. Save as expressly set out in these Standard Terms and Conditions, the Entrant is solely responsible for all devices, software and services needed to participate in the Competition, including messaging and data charges, fees and taxes. The Entrant is solely responsible for any liability for taxes (including but not limited to personal income tax) in relation to participation in the Competition or receiving the Prizes. The Promoter reserves the right to deduct or withhold any taxes in relation to the Prizes as required by applicable law.
19. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries, including any malfunction or other problem with the Competition website or Official Social Media in relation to the entry and participation in the Competition by the Entrant, or any error in the collection, processing or retention of entry or voting information in relation to the entry and participation in the Competition by the Entrant and in the voting process by the public. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by the Promoter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination of them, including any injury or damage to any Entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Competition. The Promoter is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of any Prize or Winners in relation to the entry and participation in the Competition by the Entrant.
20. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition (including without limitation the Prizes offered) without any liability whatsoever.
21. This is a competition of skill and no permits are required from any relevant authority.
22. This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Instagram, Facebook or Twitter.
23. These Standard Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws and regulations of the People’s Republic of China and the courts of the People’s Republic of China shall have sole jurisdiction.
24. None of the above paragraphs limits any other.