Safaricom Partners with OPPO Kenya to unveil new 4G Enabled device in the Kenyan Market
Nairobi, Kenya –Friday, 29th Sept 2017…OPPO Kenya in partnership with Safaricom has today launched a new mid-tier 4G device as it seeks to increase its footprint in the Kenyan market.
The new OPPO A71 smartphone offers premium design and enhanced features that will guarantee high performance, superb photography and unique design.
The launch of the new smartphone device is set to increase smartphone penetration,fast-tracking Safaricom’s vision to drive digital inclusion in the country.
‘The partnership with OPPO Kenya today cements our commitment to bring our customers a variety of smart devices that will enable them stay connected and have the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of higher speeds of 3G and 4G devices,’ said Elizabeth Wasunna, Head of Retail Channels, Safaricom
According to the latest report by GSMA Mobile, White Paper 2017, smartphone penetration in Kenya has grown to more than 60 per cent of the population over the past five years, a situation that is attributed to the increase in availability of affordable smart devices from various device manufacturers in the industry.
‘As a camera phone Brand, we are keen on strengthening connection with our customers and partners to meet the increasing demand of internet use in this market. We are aiming to offer more options of smartphone with high quality standard and comprehensive functionality to fulfill the increasing demand of Kenyan consumers.’said OPPO Kenya Brand Director Mr. Jesse Wu
Other features of the phone include latest and rich function colorOS3.1, 3GB RAM and 8-Core CPU that enable smooth and speedy operations of the device. The device also comes with an official protective back cover and a 16GB memory SD card to enhance storage.
Lately, Safaricom has been running consumer campaigns such as Mambo ni Digital, that aim togrow and accelerate acquisition of 2G customer base to 3G,through low cost 3G enabled devices and personalized data offers.
The launch of OPPO A71, is an addition to OPPO Kenya’s device portfolio which includes OPPO Neo 7, OPPO A37, OPPO A57, OPPO F1s and OPPO F3.
OPPO A71 will be available in the country exclusively at Safaricom retail shops from today, for the next two weeks at a retail price of Ksh. 19,999/=.
OPPO A71 Key Specifications
· Enhanced 64-bit Octa Core to enable speedy operations
· 3GB RAM smooth multimedia and daily user experience
· 16GB ROM large storage capacity (Expandable to 256GB)
· An extra 16GB micro SD memory card attach with the device for free, making the total storage to 32GB
· Uni-body and durable design, come with an OPPO official extra-protective phone cover
· 3,000 mAh long lasting battery for the whole day
· 13MP, f2.2 rear camera + 5MP selfie camera with 6 Beautify levels, 8 real time-filters, water mark, palm shutter and bokeh effect, and 50MP Ultra HD mode
· Latest ColorOS 3.1 based on Android 7.1