Software upgrade to Android 6.0 Marshmallow is now available for OPPO R9 Plus, R9 and F1s
OPPO is pleased to announce that a software to Android 6.0 Marshmallow is now available to be downloaded and installed. An extra benefit to upgrading to the latest version of the ColorOS is that it will allow the OPPO R9 Plus and R9 to have a dual-sim function with 4G+3G compatibility.
Soft Reminder: These softwares are not compatible for devices of other regions excepet Australia due to the 2G closure in local market. For devices from other regions, some unpredictable problems may occur if the device is upgraded with this software and will not enjoy our warranty service if there are problems in the hardware of the device after the upgrade. Thank you for your understanding!
【Software download link】
Below are the instructions on how to upgrade.
【Before you upgrade】
- Make sure to back-up your data before you start the upgrade as all data will be wiped in the process.
- Make sure there is more than 40% battery.
- Make sure there is at least 1.5GB free storage space on the phone or micro-SD card to download the software installation package.
- The whole process of installation will take some time, please do not do other operations or power off your device during the installation process.
1. Download the software package which correlates your model (R9 Plus, R9 or F1s) to the phone storage’s (or SD card) root directory (ie not in any sub-folders).
2. Go to Files – All files – (click SD card if you have downloaded the package to SD card) – select the zip file – Click Update now. (Figures below are shown as an example of SD card).
3. Your device will then reboot and display the progress of upgrade (see figure below), which will take some time. Please do not do other operations or power off your device during the process.
4. After the progress bar is complete, the phone will reboot and remain on the OPPO logo for 3 to 5 minutes. Please do not power off the device as this is normal.
5. Once the phone is fully booted up, the standard start-up guide will show up to setup the language, region and Wi-Fi. Upon completion of the guide, please check Settings – Dual SIM and mobile network – Preferred network type, and make sure you have selected 4G/3G/2G (Auto) as Preferred network type.
6. And by now, congratulations, you have successfully upgraded the software.
【Frequently asked questions】
Q: My model is not R9 Plus, R9 or F1s, but I want to have the the dual SIM functionality too. What should I do?
A: R9s and later models, in addition to the OPPO R9 and R9 Plus (with the latest software update) will support simultaneous connection up to 4G+3G. However, other models do not support the 4G+3G dual-sim functionality.
Q: Are there any other ways to upgrade the software for my device (R9 Plus, R9 and F1s)?
A: Yes, should there be any issues with completing the software upgrade at home, please contact us to get your OPPO phone sent into our repair center to be upgraded by OPPO technicians. Please ensure all your personal data has been backed-up as all data will be wiped in the process.