How & What Information We Collect
We collect personal information about you which may include:
- Contact Number
- Handset Model and Serial Number
We may collect personal information in connection with our products, through the following ways:
- Information you provide directly to us
- Information we obtain from third party sources
What We May Use your Personal Information For
The personal information that we collect may be used for the following purposes:
- To complete an order: Delivering, activating or verifying products.
- Providing technical support and troubleshooting when you choose to send error reports.
- Contacting you with important notices, such as major updates or recalls.
- Improving our products through internal review, verification and analysis.
- Contacting you with your consent, such as through our Contact Us form.
- To fulfil the terms of a competition or promotion sponsored by us.
- For marketing purposes, such as sending you information about products that may interest you.
- To comply with our legal obligations, and to assist government and law enforcement agencies.
How We Hold Personal Information
We store personal information in electronic format and hardcopy. We implement safeguards to protect personal information from misuse, interference or loss, and from unauthorised access, modification, use and disclosure.
How We Disclose Personal Information
We will use and disclose personal information for the particular purpose it was collected. This may also include purposes that are related to the particular purpose for which that personal information was collected and that are purposes for which you would reasonably expect us to use it. An example would be disclosure of personal information to third party companies when sending your order or to enable notifications on the tracking status to be sent to you.
We may also disclose your personal information to government bodies and law enforcement agencies in line with any applicable laws.
International Transfers of Personal Data
Updates to This Policy
How to Contact Us / Complaints
If you have any questions, would like to make a comment or a complaint about the way in which we have handled any privacy issue, or to request access or correction of your personal information, you can contact us in the following ways:
1. Via our online web form:
2. By telephone:
1300 00 OPPO (6776) between 8AM to 8PM (AEST), 7 days a week
3. By mail:
OPPO Mobile Australia Pty Ltd
PO Box 4005
Macquarie Centre NSW 2113
4. By email:
You may access or request correction of personal information that we hold about you. There is no charge for requesting access to your personal information but we may ask you to meet reasonable costs in providing you with access (for example, photocopying or postage costs).
We will respond to your request, comment or complaint within a reasonable time frame. There are some circumstances in which we are not required to give you access to your personal information.
We aim to resolve all complaints promptly. However, if you are still concerned about the way in which any privacy issue has been handled by us, you may approach an independent advisor or contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au) for guidance on alternative courses of action which may be available.