OPPO Product Warranty Statement
I. General Terms and Conditions
This warranty statement only applies to those products listed in the table in Section II below that are purchased in Australia ("Warranty Statement").
This Warranty Statement is provided by OPPO Mobile (Australia) Pty Ltd of Suite 5.02, Level 5, 15 Talavera Rd Macquarie Park NSW 2113 ("OPPO"). Our contact details are set out in Section V below.
The benefits in this Warranty Statement are in addition to other rights and remedies you have under applicable law and does not limit, exclude or restrict your rights which cannot be limited, excluded or restricted under applicable law, including the Australian Consumer Law contained in the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure (as defined in the Australian Consumer Law).
Subject to your rights under Australian Consumer Law and the terms below, when the OPPO product does not perform in accordance with the manufacturer's specifications during the Warranty Period (as defined in section II below), Oppo agrees to repair or replace the OPPO product together with any accessories supplied with the OPPO product. OPPO will bear the cost of transportation where the OPPO product is transported by OPPO. All other costs will be borne by you. Where the products are found to be in good working order, OPPO may seek reimbursement from you of any costs incurred by OPPO.
Information on methods to claim the warranty set out in this Warranty Statement is listed in Section V below.
II. Warranty Period
The Warranty Period (as defined in the table below) commences on the date of your purchase and continues for the period set out in the table below.
Warranty Period (from date of purchase)
Mobile Phone Handset
(including Non – Removable Batteries)
(Removable Batteries, AC Adapter, USB Cable, Headphones)
(Power-Banks, Phone Cases, Headphones, Screen Protectors, Car Chargers, Wireless Devices, Selfie Sticks)
III. Warranty Transferability
A. The warranty set out in this Warranty Statement is transferable if an OPPO product changes owners during the warranty period (as defined in Section II above) provided that the subsequent owner is able to provide the original proof of purchase.
B. Subject to your rights under Australian Consumer Law, the warranty period for any authorised product or part replacements will be: (a) the remainder of the warranty period (as defined in Section II above); or (b) 3 months, whichever is greater.
C. If the OPPO product you are using has been rented or leased by you, and you consider a claim might be made under this warranty, you should refer the matter to the rental or leasing company immediately and they will handle the matter.
IV. Warranty Exclusions
To the full extent permitted by applicable law, any and all warranties and conditions which are:
A. not guaranteed under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) or Competition and Consumer Regulations 2010 (Cth); and
B. not expressly included in this Warranty Statement as additional warranties or conditions, are excluded and disclaimed by OPPO. To the full extent permitted by law and unless otherwise stated, the warranty set out in this Warranty Statement does not cover the following:
· normal wear and tear, including service costs to replace and maintain parts that have ceased working through normal wear and tear;
· misuse or abuse of the OPPO product, including through physical abuse and exposure to excessive heat, moisture, dampness or corrosive conditions;
· improper use of the OPPO product including improper installation, maintenance and cleaning;
· any work (including repair or modification work) carried out by a non-authorised OPPO repair centre;
· the use of non-standard, non-authorised, defective or incompatible parts (including SIM cards);
· incorrect use of the OPPO product including incorrect maintenance or voltage connections;
· failure to clean or maintain the OPPO product;
· force majeure events and events beyond OPPO's control, including fire, theft, vermin infestation, insect infestation, power surges and dips, acts of God, acts of terrorism, thunderstorm activity and other acts or circumstances beyond OPPO's control;
· not following the operation instructions set out in the Product Operation Manual or any manufacturers manual provided with the OPPO product;
· loss of any data, including by loss, damage or destruction;
· OPPO products that do not bear original manufacturer's factory applied serial number and IMEI number in its original form, including where such number has been wiped out, removed, rubbed off or altered; or
· any defects not notified to OPPO within the warranty period (as defined above).
Repair of your OPPO product may result in the loss of data. You are responsible for backing-up all data on your OPPO product prior to providing it to OPPO for repair or replacement under the warranty set out in this Warranty Statement.
V. Warranty Claim
A. If you purchased an OPPO product in Australia and wish to make a claim under this Warranty Statement, you need to contact the OPPO Customer Care Team by:
a. hone: 1300 00 6776 (OPPO) between the hours of 8AM and 8PM Mon to Sun and have your proof of purchase details accessible because a copy of your proof of purchase will need to be submitted with your claim; and/or
b. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with your proof of purchase as an attachment and personal details (name, address, contact number) and fault details in the email.
B. Subject to part (B) of Section III above, repair or replacement of the OPPO product does not extend or restart the Warranty Period.